Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Would you like a wake up call in the morning, sir?


I was laying in bed in my hotel room at 1am last night and it hit me that the last 8 years I've spent 3 to 4 months out of the year in a hotel or corporate apartment.  I've always known and thought about that fact, but it was really odd to think about it in a normal person/career sense.  That is 3 years out of the last 8 years staying/sleeping in odd places where thousands of other people have slept.  It is also weird to think some people only sleep away from their home a handful of nights a year.  I need to calculate the number of days I've spent in a taxi, in an airport, on an airplane or in a rental car.  All of that time wasted and I could have learned Mandarin by now. 

Once you leave college, your main focus in life becomes work, but I don't think it was ever in the plan for work to be the focal point.  Greed and money have really taken over society as the main driver and I'm another willing victim of capitalism. 

Cue Creed's kick-ass tune with pertinent and profound lyrics (saw them live last month in Boston with LDR and Dirty Tim - awesome concert live, hadn't seen them since 2000 in Portland, ME):



No comments:

Post a Comment