Friday, May 4, 2012

Snack Attack

It is bumming me out that my favorite chip brand/snack food has hired Ashton Kutcher as their spokesperson.  Fortunately for popchips, I think they are the best chips to come along since the Keebler Elves stopped baking O'Boises in a tree, and therefore I will not give them up just because their spokesperson is a knob.  I guess the silver lining is that they didn't hire Jennifer Hudson, who endorses the product on their website.  Listening to her soulfully sing about being thin during Weight Watchers commercials is brutal enough.

The T was loaded with college graduates in their caps and gowns this morning.  It has been ten years since I graduated and it is safe to say that I am not exactly exceeding my own expectations from a decade ago as I publicly contemplate potato chips.  If I had to tell 2002 me one thing, it would probably be, "At least I have health insurance!"  (God only knows what I would fall back on if I lived in a country with universal health care.)

No comments:

Post a Comment