Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Go flog your blog

Nothing like a solid Rizzo quote to get things off on the right start after a missed blogging day.  The movie Grease is in my thoughts today for two reasons:

  1. Herself put up a list of movies on one of her recent blogs.
  2. One of Trish's favorites, Johnny Travolta, the star of Grease, is accused of alleged definitely sexual misconduct forcefully HJing random dudes here and there throughout the United States.
I don't like to gossip, so I won't cast judgement on this case.  Plus I spoke to my attorney and I used the correct terminology above with 'accused' and 'allegedly', so that is as far as I will go on that one since legally this blog can cannot be used against me in a court of law.  Back to the movie that is Grease.

How the eff did this movie become a normal childhood movie for my generation?  Herself and I watched that movie way too many times growing up and only a few years ago I watched it again after Herself pointed out how that movie is the complete opposite of a kid's flick.  Great parenting.  I can remember using the phrase, "you doin' that without a net?" far too often as an 8 year old and not having a clue what it mean until I was 19 13 years old.  I don't want to get into the specific adult themes as they are very rude and upsetting, but let's just say that this movie definitely should be rated R........for RIDICULOUSLYsweetdancemoves.


I can't tell you the number of times Brad, The Bradman, Dave, DR, Matt The Hairdresser and I Brow broke into choreographed dance moves just hanging out on the streets of Winslow together.  Good times.   In all honesty though, the lyrics of this song are pretty clever and amusing.  I don't think any of the CUIDADOS (our group's gang name, selected from a Caution, Wet Floor sign due to our intense rivalry with the Mexican gang in the greater Albion/Benton/Clinton region) could have come up with these gems:

"You are supreme the chicks'll cream for grease lightning"

"With a four speed on the floor they'll be waiting at the door
You know that ain't no shit we'll be getting lots of tit"

"With new pistons, plugs, and shocks I can get off my rocks
You know that I ain't bragging she's a real pussy wagon"

Classy.

I might get the old gang back together this summer to tear up the toilets in the 04901.  I think we could have handled the T-Birds in a gang fight.  The T-Birds had squirt guns, greasy combs and tiny pocket knives.  We had baseball bats, Opti-Free contact solution, golf clubs, Immodium AD and water balloons a key member's talent of intolerable flatulence.



I can't imagine how much more amazing high school would have been had we walked down the halls sporting this solid graphic on the back of our black leather jackets. 




Creepy face picture
 Cuidado, piso mojado when we walk into a room, indeed........ladies. 



No comments:

Post a Comment