Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Friscalating Dusklight

I'm listening to Terry Gross interview Wes Anderson on Fresh Air.  The creators of Stuff White People Like would get a lot of mileage out of my leisure activities.  Please imagine air quotes around "activities." 


(Side note: I had to grab the link to Stuff White People Like and while I was on the page for 30 seconds, this discussion of Anthropologie popped out at me-- "It is the store equivalent of a Wes Anderson film."  It IS and if I had the dough, I'd fill my house with its wares.  I haven't been to that blog in ages and I locked in on a Wes Anderson reference in less than a minute.  Side note to the side note: That blog made me self-conscious about loving "The Wire."  And also about how I spend approximately 87% of my free time.)


I'm looking forward to seeing Moonrise Kingdom, obviously.  I was obsessed with The Royal Tenenbaums shortly after I graduated from college.  I appreciated every aspect of that movie-- the writing, the acting, the costumes, the music, DEFINITELY the sets.  I don't imagine I'll ever live in a home where it would be appropriate, but I covet Margot Tenenbaum's zebra wallpaper.  And I kind of want Richie Tenenbaum's tent too.  Maybe I'll just build myself a blanket fort and substitute my MacBook Pro for Richie's record player.  Or maybe I'll listen to NPR and fall asleep.  I'll probably do the latter.

No comments:

Post a Comment