Sunday, May 20, 2012

Bball this evening

Playing for my buddy's bball team this evening as they are short a few guys.  Luckily for me on this team I will be the 3rd tallest player, which is good and bad.  Good as I don't have to waste most of my energy fighting with a dude down low and bad cause I will have to play the 3 and hit some outside jumpers.  I haven't been big into outside Js for 2 years now since I'm always playing down low.  I went down to the local courts on Friday and Saturday.  I had 2 old outdoor bballs, so I trashed those and bought a Spalding Never Flat ball.  You don't have to inflate it in the first year from purchase date and in fact if you do, it waives the warranty.  So far so good, but it sucks not being able to pump up your own ball to the desired air pressure.  I'm watching the Pacers/Heat game right now to get pumped up.  I'm probably going to channel a young UDave and just jack up as many shots as possible.  I also look like the PMAN with my ankle brace, knee brace and 2 sweatbands.  Even have my Under Armour sleeveless under the jersey for protection.  Watching this NBA game I realized more and more guys are wearing mouth-guards.  Seems like NBA players didn't wear them as much years ago and you didn't see guys missing teeth.  I probably should pick one up next time I'm out since I do have a tendency to UJohn it up down low sometimes.


Editor's Note (5/22/12):  Not sure who exactly which of the bros I played like now that I review the stats.  And no, I didn't keep my own stats, the league keeps them based on the # of your jersey and posts them online.  I'd link the site, but you need a username and password.  Anyway, 8 points, 16 boards, 5 assists,  2 blocks and 3 steals.  My defense was stellar, so maybe I was The Boss (Big M).  I think The Boss scored a lot more points and probably passed way better than I do, though.  I'll call myself Dennis Rodman then, due to my incredible defense.  I'm the best evah!

'Michael Jordan, I'm coming for you, my man.  My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!'



No comments:

Post a Comment