Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Why Am I A Vegetarian?

This is not a post that is going to outline moral and health arguments in favor of not eating meat.  I am legitimately wondering why I'm a vegetarian after a work lunch went very wrong this afternoon.  Lunch was at Legal Seafood, so obviously the menu primarily featured seafood.  As the only idiot vegetarian on the planet who doesn't like salad, I locked on to an item called "The Vegetarian Box," which is described as "sesame soy stir-fried vegetables, Thai red coconut curry sauce, cashews, tofu and brown rice."  I wasn't sure how I would feel about the sauce and I assumed that at least some of the veggies wouldn't be my favorites and I'd pick around them.  Oh God.  A giant mound of stink was placed in front of me and I had to choke down as many bites as possible and slide food around the plate to make myself look busy.  I primarily pulled carrot strips and rice grains out and focused on closing my nostrils to the aroma of the dish.  Here is a photo I found online of the meal.  That picture would look appetizing if I hadn't just experienced it up close and personal.  I feel nauseated.


I should mention that the children's menu featured three items I would have been delighted to eat, but the a-holes at Legal have closed the menu to adults.  So instead of enjoying a grilled cheese (I have never NOT enjoyed a grilled cheese), I had to dig into a foul pile of nastiness.  Okay, I realize that The Vegetarian Box is probably delicious to many people, but the sauce is just brutal and the mixture was half onions (which, surprise, I don't like.)

I'm off to eat some yogurt and hopefully eradicate the weird taste from my mouth. 

1 comment:

  1. I bought one of those cooked chickens from Shaws last night and opened my fridge this morning to the most delicious smell in the world. Goddang!

    ReplyDelete