Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Yell Orange! Orange! Yell Black! Black!

A few years ago while shopping at Target, I found the exact tissue paper ghosts that my family had while I was growing up.  The ghosts have been jazzing up the month of October in both my home and my office since then.

This past weekend I decided that I would continue my search for retro Halloween decorations.  I ordered a few fabulous items that I can't wait to put up.

1) Jointed Skeleton
This large skeleton was always hung on the door of the small kitchen closet that contained our ironing board.  The skeleton usually guarded the ironing board in strangely compromising positions thanks to The Dude's and my juvenile humor.  When our mother insisted we clean things up, the skeleton would strike a Michael Jackson pose.
2) Tissue Paper Pumpkins
I'm not certain that we actually had these growing up, but you can't go wrong with pumpkins-- they carry you all the way through to Thanksgiving.
3) Tissue Paper Spider
I might have gotten into the tissue paper zone while ordering.  Back in the day, we set up a giant fake spider web with artificial spiders in the divider between our kitchen and living room.  It was pretty awesome.  I don't have the perfect place at my house for a web, plus I am certain my cats would demolish it.  So I'll hang Charlotte up high enough that they can't reach her.  Now that I referred to the spider as Charlotte, I really want to create a web that says "Some Pig" next to the spider.  Maybe next year.


4) Assorted Paper Decorations
I bought this pack specifically because we had the same jointed black cat and the same scarecrow leaning on a tissue paper haystack.  Plus it provides a smaller skeleton for my office.  I am pretty sure the lame "Happy Halloween" sign will get tossed, but the rest will be utilized.
Additional Halloween Decor (Non-Paper):

Adorable Bronze Mouse from my uncle

Spider Tealight Holder from my mum


1 comment:

  1. Just had a solid druggie flashback after looking at all of those old decorations. Reminds me of 8 V.T.

    ReplyDelete