Tuesday, June 26, 2012

More reasons not to have kids these days

The new age parenting is overall pretty disgusting, albeit, humorous as times.  2 articles below outline a few of the many reasons why having children does not interest me.

I don't own my child's body

"She's 4. Her parents could get a hug or a kiss, but many people who know her cannot, at least right now. And I won't make her.
"I would like you to hug Grandma, but I won't make you do it," I told her recently."

What happened to the days of not even questioning hugging an older relative?  It is a sign of respect and not a big deal.


So the kids are gone most of the year for 4 years in a row that has to come back home and live in the basement after you've dropped $160K on their education.  That possibility is a swift kick in the gonads that would have most people rethinking a family.  

"More than half of college graduates move back home"

"Overall, 39% of adults ages 18 to 34 say they either live with their parents or moved back in at some point in recent years, according the report. Among 18- to 24-year-olds, 53% said they live at home or moved in temporarily, compared with 41% among adults ages 25 to 29, and 17% among those ages 30 to 34."

No thanks.

2 comments:

  1. Get a dog. You will own its body and you can say, "Go hug Auntie Herself. . . . or else."

    ReplyDelete