Tuesday, June 26, 2012

A Bit of Advice

I am a fan of advice columns.  My favorite, Dear Prudence, is written by a Wellesley alum.  For some reason reading Emily Yoffe's advice often reminds me of my Wellesley friend C.  Maybe that is part of the reason I read Dear Prudence twice a week.  Another contributing factor to my appreciation of the column is that Yoffe is a stickler for thank you notes*:

"My mail would indicate that many people who receive gifts think the thank you note is passe.  Which I think allows the gift giver to decide that as far as future gifts are concerned, you'll pass."

Although it is unrelated to dispensing advice, I really like this article Yoffe wrote about her husband's first wife.



*I have received three thank you notes from three cousins in the past month.  My family is batting 1000.

No comments:

Post a Comment