Friday, June 15, 2012

Backsliding

I used to watch Big Daddy just about every day in college.  Well, I didn't WATCH it, but I had it on in my dorm room almost daily-- sometimes on a loop.  When the movie ended, I would occasionally just rewind the VHS tape and start it over.  I could get several viewings in during all-night paper-writing sessions.  (Oddly, my celebratory "I finished!" movie was Weird Science.  I always played it early in the morning when I was practically drunk off sleep deprivation.)  Anyhow, it has been years since I've owned a VCR, so my VHS copy of Big Daddy is long gone.  Just this week I realized that Big Daddy is available on Netflix Watch Instantly.  And obviously I can't stop watching it at bedtime.

1 comment:

  1. Weird Science was a great movie. My favorite line, don't ask me why, was Chet to Gary when Gary and Wyatt came home drunk. Chet " How bout a nice greasy pork sandwich served in a dirty ashtray?". I still use that line on occasion.

    ReplyDelete