Wednesday, June 13, 2012

1 year ago today

Last year at this time I was sitting inside "The Hairy Monk" down on 25th and 3rd in NYC.  The Hairy Monk is a Boston fan-based sports bar that plays all Boston sporting events, which is more rare than you would think in NYC.

To set the stage - the Boston Bruins were down 3-2 against the Canucks and this was a crucial Game 6 in Boston.  Easily one of the best games I've ever watched, across all sports.  Even if you don't watch hockey or even like hockey, if you take the time to view this clip below you will realize you missed one of the most intense and exciting games ever played.


I brought down and wore my 'Rugged' #69 jersey, courtesy of UStefon Axelrod during Game 6 in NYC.  This last season I went to 14 Bruins games and wore my jersey to 11 of the 14 games.  Once in November and once in February 2 different people came up to me and asked if I had been to The Hairy Monk in NYC last year for the playoffs.  They were both there the same night (pub probably had 200 people there) and remember my jersey.  Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment