Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Recent Accomplishments

I had a four-movie weekend.  It was quite a success-- there is a me-shaped impression in the couch cushions.

American Hustle (2013):  This movie got a lot of attention during awards season because the four lead actors were nominated for Oscars.  I enjoyed the disco-era costumes and the acting was top notch, but the movie itself felt a bit jumbled.  I would give it a 3.5, but I'm feeling generous and rounding up to a 4.

Heir to an Execution (2004):  This documentary by Julius and Ethel Rosenberg's granddaughter Ivy Meeropol was interesting.  I was very curious about the large extended family that shunned Julius, Ethel, and their sons but fifty years after the executions most relatives were still unwilling to talk to Ms. Meeropol.  3 out of 5

The Inbetweeners Movie (2011):  I went on an "Inbetweeners" binge on Netflix, which I capped with this movie.  I am a sucker for teen shows and for British shows, so this was a win.  I need The Dude to watch this so we can throw random British phrases into conversations as we did after watching the original "Office," "Skins," "Shameless," etc.  I have probably watched the dance sequence from the movie a dozen times.  3 out of 5

Thor: The Dark World (2013):  The Dude covered this yesterday.  We watched this together.  It was not good.  I liked the first Thor movie, but this was very heavy on special effects and lacked a story line.  There were large chunks of this movie that didn't even contain dialog.  2 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment