Saturday, April 12, 2014

Deep Thoughts with Herself

Just as there are no atheists in foxholes, there are no atheists in staircases when a disastrously clumsy person moves bulky furniture alone.

Three flights, people.  Whenever I need to get something large and/or heavy in to or out of my home, I have to face three flights.  If only my cats were mules.  If only I weren't in danger of falling down the stairs even when I have nothing in my hands due to extreme lack of coordination.  Life is a little sweeter this morning because I brought a bookcase to the basement and I am still alive.  My windows are wide open and fresh air is pouring into the house as I do some serious cleaning.  I'm taking a break right now while my kitchen floor dries.  It is kind of unbelievable how dirty a house can get when it is loaded to the rafters with cats.  No wonder crazy cat ladies are so frazzled-- They can't keep up with the sweeping and dusting.




2 comments:

  1. The one from the guestroom? Should have waited for me. Glad you are alive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was the one. Not heavy, but I am such a spaz that I was sure something catastrophic would happen before I reached the basement.

      Delete