Monday, April 14, 2014

A Tale of Two Exes

I was visiting a buddy in San Francisco over the weekend and had a very odd and statistically improbable experience.  On Saturday at the Giants/Rockies game, I ran into a girl I dated around 2007-2008/9ish.  She spotted me and came up to say hi and I stood there for a good 15 seconds dumbfounded and confused.  She lives out there now and happened to be one of 41,000 people at the sold-out Giants game-- in the same area of the stadium at the same time as me.  The conversation was brief and not that awkward as she is a social person and was asking all of the questions.

Yesterday when I was at the airport I did a double-take as I saw another ex checking her luggage.  I wasn't even 100% sure it was her at first.  This one had an attitude issue here and there and I couldn't deal with back-to-back ex weirdness.  I dated her in college and a bit after college from 2002-2005.  She was obviously on the same flight as me and I managed to avoid contact with her until boarding the plane.  She boarded the plane before me and spotted me walking down to my seat.  I had my headphones on and was looking at my phone as I walked down the aisle in an attempt to play dumb.  I was literally in the last row of the airplane sitting by the window, which made me the last person to get off the plane.  She was waiting for me by the gate and said in a quasi-rude way, "Figured it would be rude of me not to say hi since I saw you earlier."  From there we walked to the luggage area for checked baggage and had a quick and awkward conversation.  Not sure why she waited for me; she was clearly heated I had pretended not to see her and the conversation had an edge to it.  Her bag came first and I let my bag make another circle just so I could wait around.  Then we still ended up four people apart in the taxi line.  Lucky for me my headphones were back in and I didn't have to say anything else.

Overall San Francisco was an awesome time and is a fun city.  I saw a lot of things and walked miles around and through the city.  I'm sporting a killer arm sunburn, complete with a watch outline and bracelet outline on each wrist from the Giants/Rockies game on Saturday.  It was a 1pm game with sunny skies and a 72 degree temperature.  I also came back with a SF baseball hat and will be enjoying them as my National League team going forward.

5 comments:

  1. It's hard out there for a pimp.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IqrGIOI8rM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_fbUD35lHc

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have made that sunburn rookie error more times than is excusable considering I live here. I've managed to avoid getting burned at AT&T Park but I have gotten burned several times at the Coliseum through lack of preparation and the face that it's a LOT hotter the other side of the Bay. Last year I wore shorts at an early season Saturday game, had no sunblock and walked around with bright pink knees for several days - a particularly fetching look when your legs are as pasty-English white as mine. Shortly afterwards they went brown and are still brown. Unlike the rest of my resolutely white legs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Only thing worse than a knee burn is a leg-pit/back of leg burn. Ouch.

    ReplyDelete