Monday, April 14, 2014

Again with the Boombox

I had an intense obsession with '80s teen movies during the mid-90s to early 2000s.  I have seen the six John Hughes high school movies (Sixteen Candles, The Breakfast Club, Weird Science, Pretty in Pink, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, and Some Kind of Wonderful) eleventy-seven times each.  Although there are other stellar teen movies from the '80s, the one that earned a spot in my heart and on my door room wall along with Hughes' movies is Cameron Crowe's Say Anything.




I came across an article today that reminded me how very much I loved Lloyd Dobler:

"Say Anything Turns 25:  15 Life Lessons from Lloyd Dobler"

I can't be the only gal who, after twenty-five years, is still convinced that Diane Court did not deserve Lloyd.  He gave her his heart and she gave him a PEN!  Regardless of Diane's worthiness, the movie is pretty terrific, with a phenomenal performance by John Cusack, extremely quotable dialog, and Peter Gabriel's super romantical "In Your Eyes". . . . blasted from a silver boombox. 

No comments:

Post a Comment