Friday, April 4, 2014

Late Night

There has been a lot of speculation online about who should replace David Letterman when he retires next year.  I am on record as a big Colbert fan, so giving him an extra half hour a night could be fantastic, though I would miss his performance as "Stephen Colbert" and the razor sharp writing on "The Colbert Report."  I also fully support the Fey/Poehler suggestion, though I don't know how likely that is to pan out.  Bonnie Hunt, a favorite Letterman guest, was mentioned as a potential host and I like that idea as well.  She is smart and funny and I will continue to spread the gospel of Return to Me, a phenomenal movie that she wrote and acted in.  While I'm discussing female hosts, I will say that I am not in favor of Chelsea Handler taking the job.  Her combination of mean humor and vocal fry is not my cup of tea.  (I'm sure she is devastated.)



I have been trying out "Late Night with Seth Meyers" and I've found that my favorite part of the show is the time between the monologue and the first guest when Meyers sits at his desk and chats.  His stories are often about his family and I have enjoyed his material and delivery.  His description of the death of a childhood pet was especially amusing:



No comments:

Post a Comment