Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Danke Schön

I got walloped with a cold and/or brutal allergies yesterday.  Right now I am sitting at my desk trying to breathe out of my mouth in as inconspicuous a manner as possible.  Despite my efforts, I know I resemble a chunky Napoleon Dynamite.

Instead of focusing on my sniffles, I am going to list a half-dozen things for which I am grateful on this snowy New England morning.  I am thankful for:

  1. My brother blogging on the regular.  We pretty much post to entertain each other, so his increased blogging is a win for me. 
  2. The return of "Call the Midwife."  This may be my favorite show on television right now.  The characters are so genuinely kind and caring.  I love spending an hour with them each week.
  3. I Am America (And So Can You!) by Stephen Colbert.  The Dude lent me this book and I am happy to laugh out loud on the T while I read it.
  4. My annual Easter celebration with my aunt, uncle, and cousins.  I have spent Easter at my aunt and uncle's home since I started college.  This year their entire family will be out of town so we moved the celebration up a week.  Our 2014 bunny cake was pretty great, if I do say so myself. 
  5. Weekend plans to visit my parents.  I haven't been to their house since Thanksgiving so I am extra jazzed to spend time with them.  Hopefully since Sunday is Easter I'll get to see my nana and a few other local relatives as well.  (Most of all though, I am excited to utilize their amazing soaker tub.  Yesssssss.)
  6. My roof *finally* getting replaced sometime in the next few weeks.  On Saturday morning I awoke to my neighbors getting a new roof and I almost wept with jealously.  The roof nightmare should be coming to an end soon.

4 comments:

  1. I'm kind of jealous of your Easter celebrations. Where did the bunny cake idea come from? Do you do anything else awesome? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My aunt has been making the bunny cake since my cousins were little.

      http://allrecipes.com/recipe/easy-bunny-cake/

      Delete
  2. This year's bunny cake looks to be the best and most elaborate cake so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pretty impressive. The bowtie was covered in Nerds and thus crunchy and delish.

      Delete