Tuesday, February 11, 2014

What's the good word?

I'm just sitting here at work cranking down a diet sierra mist (awful) and had a few updates to report.  Boston Bruins hockey is on hold for 19 days due to the Winter Olympics.  I attended their last game before the break in-person and enjoyed their butthole stomping of the Ottawa Senators live.  With the Bruins on break, I literally save myself/free up an estimated 30 hours in the next 2 weeks with the lack of games, pre-game viewing, post-game viewing, analysis, etc.  What I am doing to fill some of that free time, you ask?  NOT EXERCISING!

Current Novel
  • Matterhorn by Karl Marlantes
    • Great novel on the Vietnam war (courtesy of Herself) and the life of a Marine Battalion written by a Vietnam veteran.  600 page book that I'm dominating in an aggressive manner.
 Current TV Show
  • True Detective on HBO
    • Unreal thriller/drama starring Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey.  Very intense and highly recommended.
Current Tunes
  •   Our Lady Peace
    • Solid Canadian alt-rock band from the 90s that are rumored to have a reunion tour coming up this summer.  I saw them live in the summer of 2001 in Portland, ME and they put on a top 5 live concert.
 Current Snack
  • Triscuit Garden Herb crackers with sliced cheddar cheese and pepperoni

No comments:

Post a Comment