Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Checking In

Because I actually have social (demented and sad, but social) plans tonight, I'm keeping this post brief.  Inspired by The Dude's "Good Word" post, here's what is going on with this gal.

Currently Reading:
Philip Pullman's His Dark Materials trilogy
This giant book is a birthday gift from The Dude that I am just getting around to reading because it is three books bound together and is heavier than a sack of bricks.  On the plus side-- solid read, so far.  I'm only about a third of the way through the first book, The Golden Compass.  I'm hoping for good things since I love a series.

Currently Watching:
"Downton Abbey"
I am still fully on board with season four of this British program.  Just as I love a series of books, I super love a British costume drama.  I reported to my mum last night that Maggie Smith's Dowager Countess makes me laugh harder than any character on TV.  Also, I think the ginger footman Alfred is secretly a muggle ancestor of the Weasleys.

Currently Listening To:
"Amber" by 311
On repeat ever since I posted yesterday.  What can I say, The Dude has good taste.

Currently Snacking On:
Nothing right this moment, but I shall dine on roasted red pepper pizza tonight with my pals.  Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment