Wednesday, February 12, 2014

So long, Coach Calhoun

One of the most underrated coaches of all-time passed away today.  Sid Caesar, a Veteran, played Coach Calhoun in the 1978 film, "Grease".   Herself may not realize how cool I thought that guy was and how much I enjoyed his portions of the film.

Guy had eyebrows for days - I can relate.

He played such a small, but hilarious role in the film and I never knew how much of a comedy legend he was in the fifties.



Hilarious minor role in the film trying to get a "rugged" Danny Zuko to channel his anger and issues into sports.




Awesome!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know you enjoyed Coach Calhoun? Don't make me laugh. . . ha ha ha.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiOUVG3YSzc

    I asked your mother last night if she'd heard that the coach from Grease died. Tough news for siblings who watched that very inappropriate movie a hundred times growing up.

    ReplyDelete