Sunday, February 2, 2014

Philip Seymour Hoffman - RIP

Didn't realize how much PSH meant to me until I did a bit more research on him after learning of his death today.  PSH played an eclectic character, Brandt, in one of my favorite movies of all-time, "The Big Lebowski".


He dominated "Boogie Nights", which I just watched less than a week ago, randomly.

After some more research, I'd say my favorite quotes/acting by him was in "Along Came Polly" as Ben Stiller's buddy.  His bball scene makes me laugh my nuts off:

He is also a star of the new "Hunger Games" movie, which I haven't seen.  I've read all of the books, but bummed I haven't seen the new one and also will miss him in the movies going forward.

From a selfish perspective, not just one of the best actors of all-time, but the only guy who makes me feel/look young:

29 in Twister?  Wow.


1 comment:

  1. I agree that he was hilarious in Along Came Polly-- I thought of that basketball scene yesterday. I would have also mentioned his roles in Almost Famous and Magnolia. (Though I know you've forgotten everything but Tom Cruise's catchphrase from the latter.)

    ReplyDelete