Monday, May 5, 2014

They Laugh Alike, They Walk Alike

True to my strong geriatric inclinations, I enjoy a stroll down memory lane.  Today I am trying something new with a through-the-years photo post featuring Ryan and me with our cousins Kyle and Molly.

I have no idea who the girl sitting next to Ryan is, but this is the earliest shot of the four of us (plus a stranger) that I could find.  Also the first of a hundred times someone has yelled, "GD it, Samantha, put down the sandwich while I take a photo!"

Baby Molly is finally sprouting some hair in this shot.  Who knew Nike sneaks were so affordable in the mid-80s? 

Quite a time jump to this photo, which was taken in May 1994.  As God is my witness, I am bringing back the killer combination of Gilligan hats and sweater vests in 2014.  (Guest appearance by our cousin Michaela.)

A shot of our stuffed animals:  Kyle's pillow person, Ryan's bear Fuzzy Softy, Molly's bunny, and my Wrinkles dog Tippy.  Molly has since traded in the bunny for "Mr. Beaver."  Seriously.

Having a blast at an all-you-can-eat pizza buffet.  We may have gone home, turned off the lights in the house, and used only "rations" (flashlights) and code names to communicate that night.  You know-- usual teenager shenanigans.

Slumber party in Nana and Grampa's living room.  (Kyle and Molly call Grampa "Papa", but they are WRONG.)

One of our many visits to a New England amusement park.  We hit Funtown USA in Maine, Riverside (now Six Flags New England) in Massachusetts, and Rocky Point in Rhode Island.  "The Free Fall is nothing."

A very brief visit with Molly at a truck stop in southern Maine.  She was grounded from visiting us after sneaking out to a nightclub.  I hope she is able to sleep at night knowing that she destroyed a week-long cousin visit with her rotten life choices. 

Presidents' Day weekend 2001.  Kyle, Ryan, and I came back from college to spend the weekend with Molly and several of Kyle's and Molly's friends.  Ryan taught us the routine to N'Sync's "Bye Bye Bye" and Kyle caused us to wet our pants while watching What Lies Beneath.

Kyle's and Ryan's graduation weekend.  Ryan graduated on Saturday, Kyle on Sunday.  Ryan pulled his robes out of the trunk of his car for this photo opportunity.

Molly's graduation the following spring. 

Holiday dinner.  I've cut out a few exes.  You're welcome, boys.

This is an example of not being on the same page.  Molly and I are going for a standard smile, while Ryan and Kyle are doing their best Blue Steel impersonations.

Summer 2008.  You can identify the season by the non-ginger's tan.

January 2013.  Reunited and it feels so good.

1 comment: