Monday, May 12, 2014

Manic Monday

Troubling times.  It has been so long since Ryan posted to the blog that he has fallen off our front page.  I know our tens* of readers are as disappointed as I am.  I got to see him nap on my couch while I watched Philomena this past weekend, but the rest of you are out of luck. 

Today I am relying on my trusty '80s radio station and Dunkin' Donuts iced coffee to keep me awake.  I was up until the wee hours of the morning thanks to HBO GO's quality Sunday night programming and my cat Neville.  He is the feline version of the Snuggle fabric softener bear and what am I going to do, not cuddle the stuffing out of him?  Please.


I don't have much to report, aside from a nice visit with my maternal grandparents yesterday.  I was sorry not to see my mum on Mother's Day, but at least I got to see her mother.  I also have a few recommendations for all ten(s) of you.

1) My Uncle Steve bought me a Vera Bradley Throw Blanket last summer and it is a treasure.  At first glance, you may think, "Another fleece blanket.  What's the big deal?"  The big deal is that this is the coziest blanket ever.  It is also larger than most fleece throws and comes in a variety of pretty patterns.  A bunch of my family members have one of these blankets and I swear they are universally beloved.  These throws are on sale right now at Vera Bradley, which concerns me a bit.  I hope they are not going to stop carrying them.  I am tempted to stockpile just in case.  Did I mention that they are phenomenally soft?

A photo of my Vera Bradley Throw Blanket, which just happens to be my cats' favorite blanket too.

2)  Speaking of stockpiling, I loaded up on Satsuma products at The Body Shop last week.  I find the scent to be clean and pleasant.  I sanitized my hands with Satsuma Antibacterial Hand Sanitizer today and now I am less germ-y and I smell fantastic.  Bonus.

3) I mentioned HBO at the start of this post.  I have been a big fan of "Veep" since it began a couple of years ago and now I am really enjoying "Silicon Valley" as well.  Both shows are super funny.  I like "Last Week Tonight With John Oliver" too.  My recommendation is not simply to watch these shows, but to find a friend with an HBO subscription and invite yourself to that person's home each Sunday night.  Bring some delicious snacks and/or bevs to your buddy's house so that you are not a total leach.  And since you have a close enough relationship to invite yourself over, go ahead and pack your new Vera Bradley throw blanket for optimal cozy television watching.

The cast of "Silicon Valley."  Bill Haverchuck!


*A single "ten" would be optimistic.  Tossing that "s" on the end is borderline delusional.

2 comments:

  1. Best fleece blanket ever. I'm in VB fleece withdrawal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What do you mean, Aimee? You don't carry it around with you everywhere like Linus? I am wearing mine as a stylish cape at the office today.

      Delete