Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough

I heard the posthumous release of Michael Jackson's "Love Never Felt So Good" today and it has me in the Jackson zone.  Have I mentioned on this blog my love for and obsession with the Jackson family?  Evidence:

  • The Thriller album was an appropriately ginormous deal in my family home.
  • Ryan and I had a Jacksons Victory Tour poster in our shared bedroom.
  • I owned a Michael Jackson doll.
  • Ryan owned a Michael Jackson red leather jacket.
  • Janet Jackson's Rhythm Nation was one of the first cassettes that I owned and didn't just borrow from my parents.  The tape was in my Christmas stocking in fourth grade.  
  • I danced to "Escapade" in my fifth grade dance recital.
  • I remember watching the world release of Michael Jackson's videos for "Bad" and "Remember the Time" on prime-time TV.
  • I saw "The Jacksons: An American Dream" when it was released in 1992 and became wildly obsessed with The Jackson Five.  
  • I know the names and birth order of the nine Jackson siblings.  And I know that Marlon had a twin brother who died as a baby.
  • I remember watching Oprah's interview with Michael Jackson on prime-time TV.
  • We didn't have MTV, so when we visited my cousins on school vacations, we always wanted to watch that channel.  Michael and Janet's "Scream" video was a particular favorite in the mid-90s.
  • When I was in college, my mum recorded Michael Jackson's 30th Anniversary Special for me.  I brought the VHS tape back to school and watched it a hundred times.
  • I cried when I watched Michael Jackson's televised funeral.
  • I watched every episode of "The Jacksons: A Family Dynasty."
  • I own a DVD of Michael Jackson's greatest videos.
  • The Jackson family is responsible for a solid percentage of my CDs.  I'm off to enjoy them.

4 comments:

  1. Wait, is this one real?

    "I cried when I watched Michael Jackson's televised funeral."


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't mean the blog, I meant the crying portion.

      Delete
    2. Right-- yes, I did tear up while watching MJ's funeral. You know I am an emotional mess and you know I am obessed with that family. How is it surprising that I'd cry at the funeral? 97% chance I would cry at any random stranger's funeral.

      Delete