Monday, July 16, 2012

Lights Out

I lost power for a harrowing 45 minutes tonight.  No TV, no internet, no fans or AC, and of course no lights.  The lights were of little consequence.  As a child of The Boss, I'm used to functioning in the near dark to save 64 cents on the electricity bill.  Plus, I enjoy candle light.  The downside was that having candles sparked up in multiple locations provided the cats with some close calls.  I don't usually have candles in my bedroom and both dopes nearly lit themselves on fire jumping onto my bureau tonight.

Might be time for a new cell phone.  I don't need any bells and whistles, but my current phone holds a charge for all of half an hour of talk time.  I had to make some decisions about a summer rental tonight and I needed a juiced cell.  I found a place with four nights available during my vacation week, but I don't think I can get the last-minute logistics together with traveling, pet sitting, etc. so I'm not going to pull the trigger.  Now I will have something to regret each and every day of my vaca next week.

Dangit!  The power went out for a few minutes while I was whining about vacation.  New outlook:  any place with electricity and without the need to set an alarm each morning will be a delight.

1 comment: