Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Quite the quandary

I just found out this morning that my boy Steve Winwood is playing at Fenway Park on Saturday, August 30th.  The tickets are quite pricey and the main issue is that Mr. Winwood is opening for Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers.  I'm not a huge Tom Petty fan, though I have been known to sing "Free Fallin'" on karaoke here and there and enjoy "Learning to Fly" due to a Michael Jordan DVD from over 12 years ago.  The songs "Mary Jane's Last Dance" and "You Don't Know How it Feels" have always freaked me out/annoyed me for some reason and Tom Petty's voice in general doesn't tickle my fancy.  On the flip side, 1980s phenom Steve Winwood has some incredible songs and an amazing voice.  Take a listen:

Higher Love


Back in the High Life Again



Roll With It

Valerie



After further deliberation, I might just park my butt outside of Fenway at the Cask, Game On or Jerry Remy's just so I can hear Steve perform live that night.

1 comment:

  1. Winwood is great. Save me a seat at a non-Remy venue.

    ReplyDelete