Monday, June 30, 2014

Channeling Nana Luke

First order of business:  A HUGE thank you to USteve, who rescued me and my ginger kitty Weasley on Friday night by bringing us to the animal ER.  Weasley was quite ill and I was quite mentally ill, imagining his impending death.  Weasely is on the road to recovery thanks USteve's assistance and some prescription meds.

Second order of business:  Last week (before incurring a large emergency vet bill), I purchased this bag in kicky "poppy" pleather.  It is very pink.

Anne Klein Perfect Medium Tote

Today I am wearing a pink maxi dress that matches the bag to a startling degree and my pink toe nails are on display too.  I am not usually a pink person and I am definitely not usually a head-to-toe pink person.  When I walked out of my house today, I realized just how coordinated I was and I thought of my great-grandmother, Nana Luke, who loved the color pink.  We played a family trivia game years back in which each person wrote ten facts about him/herself on a sheet of paper.  The facts were read one at a time and when you thought you knew which person had submitted the facts, you wrote down the name and handed it into the moderator.  If you guessed right on the first fact, you would get 10 points, with the number of points decreasing for each additional fact.  Nana Luke included, "My favorite color is pink" in her list and the entire group passed in their guesses at once.

Nana Luke in pink-- a tougher shot to find than I would have guessed.

Third and final bit of business:  Today is my dad's birthday.  He asked that Ryan and I not get him birthday presents, and we failed to meet that request.  He asked that we not post about his birthday on Facebook, and again we let him down.  I am not home to send him through the hot oven, so I hope that any readers in Central Maine will take care of that.  Thanks a million!

No comments:

Post a Comment