Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Coffee Table Chic

Last week I became obsessed with searching for glass items in the blue/green family to group together on my coffee table.  I started looking up vintage candy dishes, moved on to vases, and have landed on candle holders.  My goal was to find interesting items to group together without going broke.  I also have to take my cats into consideration and therefore nixed any tall items, as I assume tall items have a higher chance of being knocked over and broken.  I have settled on my first three pieces and am hopeful that they will be a good starting point for a growing collection.  I am also on the hunt for the perfect affordable tray on which to place them.

Since this blog is getting less traffic than ever due to the fact that I am not linking to it on Facebook, this post is pretty much an announcement specifically to my mother, who poured over online photos of vintage glass with me last week.  Well, Mum, I scrapped that idea and have gone in a more cost-effective direction.  But the first item below has a candy-dish vibe, right?

Sweet Pumpkin Bowl Filled Candle from Pier 1

Peacock Mosaic LED Candle from Pier 1

Simpatico Hobnail Glass Candle in Spanish Lime from Nordstrom

No comments:

Post a Comment