Tuesday, July 22, 2014

A Birthday and an Anniversary

I have many thanks to share today.  The best part of birthdays is hearing from the people I love and I was lucky to hear from many of those folks.  I hosted a dinner last Friday and my cousin Molly baked a cake for me (funfetti!) so the celebration spanned several days.  Then last night, Ryan organized a surprise event, which was a fabulous dinner at the Yard House.  I didn't even know there was a Yard House in Boston, but Ryan did and I was delighted to dine on a vegetarian Gardein burger before blowing out the candle on a salted caramel butterscotch pudding.  I owe a very big thank you to Ryan, Steve, and Kyle, who were part of both Friday night and last night and have probably had their fill of me.  But the joke is on them-- I will see all three next week!  I also want to thank Mum, Molly, Eric, Jeff, and Christine for being part of one of the celebrations.  My absolute favorite way to spend time is laughing with the people I love the most in the world and I got to do that twice in one week.  Thirty-four doesn't seem so bad after all.

I very much appreciate the texts, emails, calls, and cards I got from those I couldn't see in person, so shout-outs to Dad, Auntie Kathy, Uncle Stephen, Auntie Mary, Uncle Pat/Pman, Uncle Dave/UD, Erin, Michaela, Jamie, Christi, Eileen, and Aimee.  And because I strongly believe that the planet should celebrate me for a full "birthday month", my friends Kasia and Kris and their adorable daughters are keeping the party going this Thursday.  I have the most thoughtful and generous family members and friends. 

In unrelated news: I started working for my employer twelve years ago today.  It is scary how fast a dozen years have flown by.  I am thankful that I can celebrate this work anniversary by looking out my very own office window. 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks to an earlier blog by you on this site, I realized the Gardein food was at Yard House. BOOM!

    Great time on Monday night - glad you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And 12 years at Tufts is very impressive. Happy Anniversary!

      Delete