Wednesday, March 19, 2014

School Ties

While reading The Headmaster's Wife by Thomas Carpenter Greene on the T this morning, I was delighted to discover that the titular character is a Wellesley alum.  There isn't much Wellesley discussion in the book, unfortunately.  I may need to follow it up with Elizabeth Percer's An Uncommon Education, which takes place at Wellesley College and is sure to contain plenty of nostalgia-inducing references to the school.  Realistically, I already have a solid half-dozen books on deck at home, so I am not likely to procure and read An Uncommon Education very soon.  Perhaps I will go home and flip through Wellesley College instead.


Hold the phone.  I just discovered that a hardcover copy of An Uncommon Education is cheaper than the paperback.  Sold.  My DVD player died this weekend, so now is as good a time as any to place an Amazon order.

No comments:

Post a Comment