Friday, March 21, 2014

For the Win

Last night I listened to the most recent Judge John Hodgman podcast, "Arraigning Cats and Dogs."  He opens each podcast by quoting a piece of culture, often modifying the quotation to fit the case.  It is rare that I can identify his source material, so I was SUPER JAZZED when he started the case by saying, “You should see my corgis at sunset in the snow. It's their finest hour. About five o'clock they glow like copper. Then they come in and lie in front of the fire like a string of sausages.”

TASHA TUDOR!



I have mentioned before that my Nana gave me a Tasha Tudor book for Christmas one year and I then started collecting them.  I love her illustrations and also was really drawn to her out-of-time existence on her beautiful farm in Vermont.  On the podcast, Hodgman started talking about Tudor's books Corgiville Fair and Corgiville Christmas and it was such a strange experience to listen to him.  It was the kind of weird sensation akin to finding out that your boss dated your aunt in high school. . . or something.  Two worlds colliding, I guess.  Anyhow, that was my thrill for the day yesterday.  Happy Friday!


No comments:

Post a Comment