Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Deals, Glorious Deals

Since I've taken a brief year-long hiatus from the blog, I can't remember if I've mentioned that my mum calls the master bathroom in my parents' house her "office."  Her office features a fabulous soaker tub in which she frequently takes phone calls.  So when I saw the "Bathtub Mesh Catchall" at Pottery Barn, I immediately thought of her.  A few weeks later, I found a twin item at Kirkland's.


Feast your eyes on this deal:
Pottery Barn Bathtub Mesh Catchall, $39
Kirkland's Metal Bathtub Basket, $16.99


I came across a similar bargain when I discovered the Mendocino Coffee Table at Walmart.  I had been eying Pottery Barn's Tanner Coffee Table for nearly a year, but the price was a serious obstacle.  I thought a glass table would take up less visual space in a small room and liked the look of the frame since I have some rubbed bronze accessories (curtain rods, lamps) in my living room.  For a quarter of the price I now have a place to rest my beverages and a new surface for my cats to mark with paw prints.

Pottery Barn Tanner Rectangular Coffee Table, $399 (plus a $40 delivery surcharge)

Walmart Mendocino Coffee Table, $99 (with free delivery)
And for my third deal (because I must work in threes thanks to as-yet-undiagnosed OCD), I am contemplating some DIY.  I have the dresser that belonged to my great-grandmother Hoho (not a blog alias-- the actual name we all called her).  It is chipped and scratched and could use some touching up.  I am hoping to muster the motivation to refinish it to somewhat resemble Boston Interior's Brewster Dresser, which sells for $799.95.  I am concerned about destroying a functional piece of furniture if I actually do attempt this project, but it sure would be nifty if I could pull it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment