Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Hotels

It is a bit daunting to think that I have spent 4 of the last 8.5 years living out of a hotel.  I did some math/calculations today once I received some Year End updates from Marriott and Hilton on my stays this year.  I am down to a record low since 2005, 107 nights in a hotel in 2012.  I still find this to be incredibly high for my job position and pinged a few coworkers in the same position as me to find out the second highest traveling Project Manager hit a measly 68 days in a hotel this year.



My goal for 2013 is less than 60 nights in a hotel.  I can't hate on it too much, I haven't paid for a hotel for the multiple weddings I've been in over the last few years (also hooked up some family members with rooms) or anytime I hit up Vegas, Toronto or Florida.  But for some reason lately, I'm realizing the dirtiness and weirdness of staying in a place that thousands of other people stay and my high number of nights in a hotel is completely freaky and abnormal.  Some people go years without even staying in a hotel or max out at like 3 nights per year.

Plus now I'm getting old and out of shape, with a tendency to enjoy TV/movies and sleeping more than taking advantage of a hotel and traveling.  Needless to say this 30 going on 31 in 2.5 months (Real Age calculation of 38 turning 39) doesn't have this stuff happen anymore.  R.I.P Rugged.




No comments:

Post a Comment