Thursday, November 13, 2014

Two Weeks

Thanksgiving is two weeks from today and my family has locked down our plan for 2014: We will be celebrating at my parents' house again this year.  As the Queen of Nostalgia, I am quick to remark that the holiday may never again be as amazing as it was for the majority of my first 26 fourth Thursdays in November when my dad's entire family gathered to celebrate at my great-grandparents'/grandmother's home.  Having EVERYONE together in Turner was wonderful and I am grateful for the amazing memories.  Our current tradition is to celebrate at my parents' house or my Uncle Pat and Aunt Norleen's house.  Even though the group is smaller, we still have fun playing games-- and turning nonsense into games.

Here are some highlights from last Thanksgiving:

Dinner for Ten


I bought my parents this roasting pan because I am the BEST vegetarian daughter ever.
The ladies post-dinner.  Chef Trish has already changed into sweats.  Let the party begin.
Let the flexibility challenges begin.
Let the flexibility challenges continue.  (I can't overstate how much mileage we got out of this chair activity.  The house was completely filled with laughter.)
This photo of Uncle Pat, Nana, and Dad cracks me up.  (It cracked Nana up too.)
The annual dude cousin shot.  They get weirder every year.*
Cousins!
Any family that doesn't end Thanksgiving with a human pyramid is celebrating wrong.


*Another classic Thanksgiving bro/cuz shot.  Ryan's creepy 'stache stole the show in 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment