Monday, November 17, 2014

The Big Nine-Oh

Grampa Donovan's 90th birthday was this past Saturday, so our family gathered to celebrate his special day as well as my grandparents' upcoming 65th wedding anniversary.  I am extremely grateful to everyone who took the time to travel to and attend the celebration.  My mother's cousin RJ delayed his return flight to Tanzania just to be there.  Her cousin Bob and his wife Sarah woke up at 2am to fly up from Florida.  Happy tears had already been shed that day, but my mum lost it when Bob and Sarah surprised everyone by walking into the party.  The ten cousins of my mum's generation had not all been together in a long time, so it was a nice reunion.  I wish I had taken more pictures, but there were so many people to visit and the day went by in a flash.  The photos are limited, but it was a fun celebration and I was pleased to see both of my grandparents so happy.  (Grampa was especially delighted to see his sister Lillian and his sister-in-law Anna).  Here are a few shots from the party:

Nana & Grampa with their four children
Nana and Grampa with the Belchertown Donovans
Nana & Grampa with the Duquettes
Nana & Grampa with six of their grandchildren
All ten Donovan/Duquette cousins together for the first time in years
Grampa as Up's Carl Frederickson

No comments:

Post a Comment