Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Oh Yeah, We Have a Blog

I've basically taken a month off from blogging.  What less taxing activity could there be than jotting down a few sentences a day?  I have problems.

I just checked the blog for the first time in weeks and saw that The Dude has been posting now and then.  Thanks for keeping things afloat, bro.  The post about the old dog who is rocked to sleep each night in the lake to soothe his arthritis nearly made me cry.  I'm sensitive because of all of the new-mother hormones coursing through me.  Or I'm just emotionally unbalanced, which seems more likely since my new baby is a kitten rather than a child.  Four-month-old Neville came home last night (with the greatly appreciated assistance of my uncle) after being neutered.  I thought he would be spent from the surgery and the stress of the move, but he was bouncing off the walls after just a few hours.  Apparently kittens have quite a bit of energy.

Neville is named after Neville Longbottom.  I committed to the Harry Potter naming scheme with Luna and now that I am becoming an animal hoarder, I am nearly able to recreate the photo below with feline substitutes.  My ginger boy Weasley covers both Ron and Ginny and Luna and Neville are obvious matches.  I'm still missing Harry and Hermione, but there's time.  I'm on the lookout for a cat with a lightning bolt on his forehead.


No comments:

Post a Comment