Tuesday, October 7, 2014

I'm So Scared Right Now

Even though it freaked me out, I watched The NeverEnding Story frequently in the '80s.  Dum's "On & On" music video might be the source of a new wave of nightmares for me.  Thirty years after the movie was released, and with the addition of superimposed creepy faces, Artax still bites it in the Swamps of Sadness.  I didn't realize when I was a kid that the horse was succumbing to depression.  That is dark, but then SO IS THE NOTHING.


There are two positive things that I took away from my repeated viewings of The NeverEnding Story.  One is that even though I am a full-fledged cat lady, I would still like a puppy that resembles the Luck Dragon Falcor.  The second is that my family and I somehow find ways to insert the phrase, "It's my scientific speciality" into conversations.

1 comment: